Brand: Polymath Products
- Compact, lightweight and waterproof fire lighting kit - light fires with ease, in any weather.
- Perfect on your key ring, kept in your rucksack or attached to your hiking gear.
- Highly portable, yet contains everything needed to light many a fire. Includes waxed jute Tinder Sticks, Ferrocerium Rod, Magnesium Rod and Striker.
- Offers dry storage for tinder and matches, as well as striking surfaces for safety matches and strike-anywhere matches.
- Size: 78mm length x 22.5mm diameter. Weight: 49g. Made in the UK by Polymath Products.
Details: EDC Fire Kit
The EDC Fire Kit is a compact, lightweight and highly effective fire lighting kit, designed to allow its user to quickly and reliably get a fire started regardless of weather conditions.
For fire ignition, the EDC Fire Kit combines a ferrocerium (fire steel) rod with a durable striker, making ignition a quick and hassle-free process.
The kit comes with its own supply of water-resistant tinder, in the form of waxed jute Tinder Sticks, which will readily catch a spark and ignite, and can be used as a lighting splint that will burn for three minutes. A magnesium rod is also included; using the striker this can be scraped into a powder and added to your tinder bundle to further boost its ignitability in adverse weather conditions.
The EDC Fire Kit also doubles as dry storage for matches and gathered tinder, and incorporates two match-striking surfaces for safety matches and strike-anywhere matches, offering an additional firelighting method.
The kit comes with a detailed instruction sheet, with explanations for starting and building fires, the survival uses of fire, and the additional functions of the kit.
Ferrocerium Rod mounted into Magnesium Rod
16x Waxed Jute Tinder Stick
Waxed Fibre Cup
2x Match-striking Surfaces
Package contains: 1 EDC Fire Kit with instruction sheet.
Kit dimensions: 78mm length x 22.5mm diameter
Kit weight: 49g
Contents for use by adults only.
Refill Packs for the EDC Fire Kit are available, as well as a bundle set of the EDC Fire Kit plus a Refill Pack; please see Polymath Products' other listings for these.