Polymorph Thermoplastic is a Nylon-like polymer that can be softened by applying heat and even shaped by hand. Once set, it is extremely strong which means its perfect for multiple application from repairs and prototyping to first aid.
For kids - Its a great alternative to modeling dough and will pretty much last forever once set!
Our thermoplastic pellets are manufactured in the UK using premium grade PCL (Polycaprolactone). Use and re-use as many times as you want.
Once set you can paint, sand, drill - Polymorph thermoplastic is highly versatile.
We sell 2 versions including a 62°C and a cooler 42°C version which is more suitable for children as its not as warm to handle and stays softer for longer. It also creates an ever so slightly more flexible end product when cooled compared to the regular polymorph.
Polymorph has a multitude of uses:
- DIY/ Repairs
- Certain exterior medical uses, such as finger splints
- Modelmaking etc..
With a melting temperature between 42°C and 60°C depending on the variety purchased the pellets will melt in hot water. Please use care when melting!
- Either using water in a pan on the hob, or pre boiled (not boiling) water, heat the pellets to at least 60°C. At this point the pellets will become clear and stick together.
- Using tongs or other tools, remove the pellets from the water. Shake off excess water.
- Once the plastic is comfortable to hold, you can mould it into whatever you wish.
- If the plastic become hard to use, or begins to harden, just return to the hot water to soften.
- Once you have finished your project, just leave to cool. If you wish you can put it in cold water.